Today I would like to share a recipe for a strawberry cake.
Mother’s day was on May 7th in Spain so I made the cake for my in-law family.
They all loved it! It was a great cake for a little special occasion.
This cake looks very fancy, but it is really easy.
Here is the list of ingredients.
I used this amount for my Ikea Loaf Pan (W 13cm × H 8cm × L 32cm).
But you can also use this amount for 21cm round cake pan.
- Cake Flour 140g
- Medium Egg 4
- Sugar 170g
- Butter 20g
- Milk 4tsp
- Vanilla extract just a bit!
1. Separate the egg yolk and white. Mix egg yolk and half of sugar (85g) until well combined. Mix the other half of sugar (85g) and egg white to create a meringue.
2. Mix egg yolk & sugar and meringue. Add vanilla extract for the flavor.
3. Add cake flour into “2” without destroying the meringue.
4. Put butter and milk in a microwave for 30 sec to melt them down. After cooling down a little bit, mix them into “3”.
5. Bake at 170 °C for 40 ~ 45 mins.
After this, the sponge cake is done!
I got the original recipe from Cookpad.
Now is the fun part, layering, and toppings.
I am making the strawberry cake, but you can change the fruits or cream for whatever you like.
For this cake, you will need…
- Whipped cream 400ml
- Sugar 4tbsp
1. Cut the cake horizontally to create 2 layers. Let them cool down before adding the whipped cream.
2. While cooling down the cake, make the whipped cream. Add whipped cream and sugar until it’s stiff enough to decorate the cake.
3. After the cake is completely cool down, spread a small amount of whipped cream just to cover the surface. Then, add sliced strawberries on top. On top of the strawberry, spread whipped cream to cover the strawberries.
4. Repeat “3” for the second layer.
5. Put the final layer of the cake. Spread a generous amount of whipped cream. Spread some whipped cream to cover the side as well.
6. Decorate with some strawberries and whipped cream on top of the cake.
Now the delicious strawberry cake is ready to serve.
I hope this recipe was helpful to some people.
Happy Mother’s day!